Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Colin Powell endorses Obama

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I was waiting for some of y'all to turn on your hero Powell....
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    Didn't turn on him. Just statin' the obvious. I can't really fault him for it. I can't honestly say I wouldn't do the same if I were him.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    This will IMO get a lot more votes for Obama, white veteran votes.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will IMO get a lot more votes for Obama, white veteran votes. </div></div>

    There are a lot of people I admire and respect who have endorsed Obama. Doesn't change my mind about him, or them, in the slightest. They have to vote their convictions, I'll vote mine.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I mean I dont think it will make a huge impact, but will sway a few votes.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I love Powell. I think if he had some balls about him we would not be in Iraq.

    It's not going to sway my vote, however, it is a huge blow to McCain. Powell is the most reputable foreign policy expert in America IMO. If I was voting strictly on Iraq, then this endorsement would sway my vote. McCain is wrong on Iraq and Obama and Powell are and have been right on it, I am not afraid to admit that.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  7. #7
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    Well, I served under Powell during Desert Storm and I can understand his convictions about voting for Nobama. What do you all think his reason to resign as secretary of state was? He found out after he testified to the U.N. about WMD that it was bogus. I think he thought long and hard about his decision. Many of you have stated before that you are having a hard time voting for your party's choice, just as he has. I have a feeling that if Romney had gotten the GOP nomination, then he would have supported the republican ticket.

    BTW, I would still follow him into battle, even though he is supporting Nobama. He is just that good of a leader. To me, he is like the "Eisenhower" of our time.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't turn on him. Just statin' the obvious. I can't really fault him for it. I can't honestly say I wouldn't do the same if I were him. </div></div>

    I think he made a couple valid points. One being if it was just race, he would have made the endorsement earlier, and two being that he isn't campaigning for him, just doesn't agree with some of the directions McCain has been.

    I like McCain but it seems like his campaign has been throwing everything they can against the economic crisis and seeing if anything sticks.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    It's because of race
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was waiting for some of y'all to turn on your hero Powell.... </div></div>

    He aint my hero. I lost all respect for him when he testified before the UN that there were WMD's in Iraq, when knowing good and well there weren't.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •